We have evolved through organic growth and strategic acquisitions to become the UK’s largest trade supplier of machinery, tools and consumables to the packaging sector. Our investment in exclusive supply chain relationships with global manufacturers has created an unequalled range of products that offer outstanding value.
In 2017, our two corporate brands Adpac and Southgate Packaging merged to become Southgate. This reflects our progressive diversification into wider markets, particularly the rapidly increasing order fulfilment sector.
Each of our nine primary product brands embrace a defined product category. The Packaging Brands website is a valuable source of product information and packaging industry knowledge for distributors and consumers – take a look now >
Over 6,000 product lines are stocked in our central UK distribution centre for same day despatch throughout the UK. Our secondary distribution centre in Brussels supports the growth of our developing European market.
While we are responsive to the demands of an increasingly online business environment, we are still at heart a ‘people’ business with an enthusiastic, friendly and knowledgeable team devoted to giving you the very best experience.
Our mission, vision and values
Our mission is the purpose of our organisation and the benchmark against which we evaluate our reason for being.
Southgate are evolving the industrial packaging and order fulfilment sectors through innovation, productivity and trusted product brands.
Our vision is our roadmap for sustainable, quality growth in every aspect of our business.
- Innovation - Delivering new methods that anticipate and satisfy real demands
- Productivity - Contributing operational value to lean and fast-moving organisations
- Fulfilment - Bringing smart efficiencies to leading logistics operations
Our company values are the guiding principles for the decisions we make and how we behave every day.
- Innovative - We embrace challenges, create solutions and drive change
- Passionate - We are enthused and determined, delivering a ‘wow’ experience
- Modest - We are unassuming, approachable and demonstrate integrity
- Collaborative - We are productive team players with a family spirit
- Agile - We are responsive and adaptive, striving for continuous improvement
We believe that employee welfare is essential to customer service excellence, so we have designed our offices to create a vibrant, open-plan environment and a selection of boardroom, meeting room and breakout areas.
With our origins as a family business, we actively encourage a family spirit throughout our organisation.
In addition to improved staff welfare, a sense of ownership elevates the performance of individuals and teams and establishes Southgate as an employer of choice.
Our flat management structure and open door policy inspire confidence that promotes an atmosphere of continual improvement, creativity and innovation.